A Pimm’s cup is the quintessential British summer cocktail. This is the perfect cocktail to make while enjoying these last days of summer.
In a recent trip to London, I enjoyed a wonderful Pimm’s cup at the Library Bar at the Lanesborough. Lorenzo Rocci, the Library Head Bartender, prepared my cocktail, and he shared with me his recipe.
- Pimm’s (double shot)
- Mint leaves
- Ice cubes
- Lemonade (Schweppes)
- In a tall glass, first place 5-6 fresh mint leaves in the bottom of the glass.
- Add a couple of ice cubes, and then place one or two fresh raspberries and blackberries.
- Add 2 more ice cubes, and cover them with freshly & thinly sliced strawberries and cucumber. Layering your fresh fruits between the ice will avoid that all the fresh ingredients float on top of the drink.
- Finally, pour lemonade (like Schweppes) on top and leave some place in the glass to float a double shot of Pimm’s and finish with a straw. It will look like two layers.
- For Garnish, use a mint spring and an apple fan. Learn how to make an apple fan with this Youtube video: (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImadL3jSvtk)